Sunday, March 16, 2008

Slaughter of 14th March 2008


Last Friday I got pawned. I'm used to getting owned by Druggy, Raz & Pip but Friday, it was total pawnage. Rushes didn't work. Always got pushed back with minimal loses on the other side. Camping failed. I got massacred by drops twice and once was easily denied my expansion. It was as if Druggy knew my moves before I even did them. The feeling of hopelessness as I knew I was overmatched.

Establishing a ground force requires putting pressure on your opponent by Druggy's defence was just too good and the timing of Pip's drops were perfect. It got to the point where Druggy was toying with my teammate and unleashing his reaver drops.

It is interesting to see how the rest of 419 has gained in skill while I still play the same SC as in 2001. Looking back at Druggy's old SC tactics of just pure micro to now being able to play micro & macro so easily (solid & sexy), it just astounds me. Not to mention the one game where Pip's terran was the one playing solid while Druggy was sexy. (that sounded so wrong)

Pip always getting the terran curse has truly made his terran formidable. Raz being the 2v1 expert he is delivered my only win of the night. (Wasn't actually a win for me since I only watched as Raz defeated two by himself) Feel bad for Raz losing for teaming with me many times. Oh well, let's see whether he can improve his nuke count against Druggy next week. Anyone keeping count?

No comments: